WHEN YOU ARRIVE
When You Arrive:
- If you would like to drop people or gear off prior to parking, head for the drop off zone; these are generally located right in front of the base lodge.
- Once you have unloaded, head for the parking lot and look for the faithful parking lot attendants. These experts will guide you to a safe spot in one of the ski area parking lots.
- Bathrooms are available in the base lodge.
Now head to the appropriate starting place, which will either be the ski school desk (which can have a wide variety of names!) or rental shop, depending on the ski area:
- Black Mountain: Ski School Desk, on the first floor in the base lodge (enter via the door to the right of the ticket windows)
- Bretton Woods: Ski School Desk, in the main lodge on the lowest floor (easiest entry is from the parking lot level)
- Cannon Mountain: Brookside Learning Center, building to the right of the base lodges at the Peabody base area (Exit 34C off I-93)
- Cranmore: Snowsports Desk in Ticket Haus, building in front of the main base lodge and behind the drop off zone
- Dartmouth Skiway: Ski & Snowboard School Desk, just to the right as you enter the main door of the base lodge
- Granite Gorge: Guest Services Desk in the base lodge
- Gunstock Mountain Resort: Welcome Center (cross the footbridge heading toward the lodge; look for the green awning over the double doors on the left that says "Welcome Center"
- King Pine: Guest Services Desk (enter base lodge via main entrance and desk is on your left)
- Loon Mountain: Rental Shop, located to the right of the Governor Adams Base Lodge (take a right after crossing the bridge from the Kancamagus Highway)
- McIntyre Ski Area: Guest Services Desk in the base lodge
- Mount Sunapee: Mount Sunapee Express Rental Shop, adjacent to the Spruce Lodge (the lodge on the left when you enter the main parking lot); enter between the Rental Shop & the Spruce Lodge
- Pats Peak: Rental Shop (head up the stairs between the two base lodges and enter where the flags fly, on the right as you face the slopes)
- Ragged Mountain: Learning Center in the Meeting House Lodge, the white building with green trim on the right as you face the slopes
- Waterville Valley: Top Dog Rental Shop, located to the left of the base lodge across the Ski School Meeting Place courtyard
What to Do:
- You’ll get all the information you need at the Ski School Desk or Rental Shop. Guest service staff there will guide you through the process for getting your rental equipment and your beginner lift ticket. They will also let you know where to meet your instructor and the other new skiers or snowboarders in your lesson group.
- When picking up your rental equipment, you’ll need to complete a release form. Please complete one form for each new skier or snowboarder. Minors will need a parent or guardian to sign the form.
- Once you have received your equipment, put your skis & poles or snowboard on the racks in front of the lodge (facing the ski trails & chairlift). Head inside the base lodge building, where you’ll find tables and benches for you to spread out and finish adding any layers and accessories you’ll need. You can store any belongings in the cubbies spread throughout the lodge, or on the hooks located on the walls.